HermeneuticLand 101

Herein lies a place not only to discover, but also to interpret that wonderful gift -- that challenging experience -- that crazy world-- called LIFE.

Name:
Location: California, United States

For those whose curiosity brims, I am a RN turned Methodist pastor. I enjoy lots of things, am troubled by several things, and hope for many things. But, if you keep reading, I suppose you will find that out anyway.

This Steel Magnolias Webring
site owned by
Hermeneuticland 101.
[ Previous 5 Sites| Previous | Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | Join | List Sites ]

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Palm Sunday

After a hiatus from the blog world, I thought it about time to make a few comments on the page. In the interim, I have taken a 10-day prayer retreat, been working like a dog at the church, been trying not to work like a dog at the church, and then back to working hard at the church again!

Truly, the Palm Sunday blues have gotten the better of me today. Holy Week is a time for deep contemplation, and perhaps that contemplation is what has spurred me on to writing. This morning my sermon was bookended by Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken" and how difficult and important it was for Jesus to take "the road less traveled by...and that has made all the difference". In like manner, I said that we should be committed to do the same, walking to the cross every day with Christ, dying to sin and rising to abundant life. These have been the thoughts on my mind these days, what about y'all?

1 Comments:

Blogger net said...

welcome back into the blogosphere! we missed you!

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home